We are pleased to announce the launch of a new event series for young musicians and those who want to work in the industry. Off the Record is open to anyone aged 14-25, and will take place in five locations in Central Scotland over the next nine months.
Supported by the Scottish Government’s Youth Music Initiative (YMI) programme, which is administered by Creative Scotland, it will feature key figures from the music business taking part in seminars, workshops and advice sessions – all geared to demystifying the industry and providing the basic knowledge to get started.
The first Off The Record will be staged at Musselburgh's Brunton Theatre on Saturday 5 October, in partnership with East Lothian's Youth Music Forum, ElJam.
- Organising & Getting Gigs
- Recording - All About The Studio
- Promotion - Radio, Press & Blogs
- Releasing Music - Online, On CD, On Vinyl
- For full panel details click here
Participating speakers include:
- Vic Galloway (BBC Radio Scotland)
- Olaf Furniss (Born To Be Wide Director/The Scotsman)
- Michael Lambert (Born To Be Wide Director/artist manager)
- Scott McDonald (KFM Records)
- Steven Milne (musician/booker at Aberdeen's Lemon Tree)
- Tallah Brash (musician/booker at the Electric Circus)
- Stuart Stenhouse (EmuBands)
- Gavin Fort (Verden Studios)
Admission is £2 and includes lunch. As spaces are limited, booking in advance is strongly recommended. Ticket are available online here or in person from the Brunton Theatre box office.
All attendees will receive a free release worth £25 from Scotland's leading digital music distribution company EmuBands. It specialises in placing songs in iTunes, Spotify and all other digital stores and streaming services.