Born To Be Wide CIC currently have 1 job opportunity available - see below for details.
EVENTS ASSISTANT - BIG MUSIC PROJECT INTERNSHIP
closing date: 5pm on Tuesday 14th November 2017,
Employers: Born To Be Wide CIC
Hours: Full time (40 hours per week)
Contract Type: Temporary, full-time 3 months
Responsible to: Company Directors
Born To Be Wide CIC is seeking an events assistant to work across the company’s various activities. You will work alongside the company directors and wider team, helping them to make the best use of their time by assisting with administrative tasks, social media, website maintenance and other event management duties.
The full-time internship will last 3 months, based in the company's Edinburgh office in the Leith area and paid at the living wage. The position is supported by The Big Music Project to provide employability opportunities aimed at young people aged 18-25.
Internship dates: Dec 2017 - Mar 2018
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Assisting with planning of events and campaigns
- Working on events
- Maintaining websites, social media channels and newsletters
- Creating content for marketing campaigns
- Creating itineraries for events
- Liaising with event partners, freelance staff and volunteers
- Liaising with speakers, representatives and musicians participating in events
- Developing contacts across the media and assisting with PR
- General office-based administrative tasks
- Conducting research and compiling reports
We are looking for a candidate with a passion for emerging music. You should be reliable, have a strong desire to work in the music industry, be able to demonstrate initiative, be well-organised, a good communicator and be motivated to learn new skills. You will also need to be trusted to handle work efficiently in the absence of the manager.
Preference will be given to self-starting individuals able to demonstrate practical experience (eg volunteering for events, writing about music, promoting shows) over academic qualifications or work undertaken solely for the purpose of a qualification.
This internship is open to people from all backgrounds. We welcome applications from BAME applicants, female-identifying applicants and those from lower income backgrounds. A university degree is not required. Your enthusiasm and willingness to learn is more important to us than paper qualifications. We’re not expecting you to be the finished article as training and support will be given’.
- Maths at National 5 level (or equivalent) or higher
- English at National 5 level (or equivalent) or higher
- A grasp of Word/Excel and other office packages
- Graphic design, video/audio editing or photography experience
- Writing experience eg blogs, reviews, press releases)
- Experience with following applications/services: Squarespace, Eventbrite, Mailchimp, Google Docs, Dropbox.
The role will be primarily office-based located in Leith, Edinburgh with requirement to work on events across Scotland from time to time. Flexible working days and occasional long/anti-social hours should be expected in order to meet the needs of an event.
The full-time internship will last 3 months, based in the company's Edinburgh office in the Leith area.
To apply, please download and complete the below application form, returning along with a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than the closing date. Please also ensure you complete the equalities and diversity monitoring form, which forms part of the application process.