Born To Be Wide is set to launch in Dundee with its flagship seminar and social evening on due to host a talk by legendary producer, author and musician Martin Atkins at Clark On Lyndsey Street on Tuesday 13 November.
The former PIL, Killing Joke and Pigface drummer, who is now based in the US, will give a talk titled How To Make An Extra $100k Next Year. He will also take part in a discussion focusing on two music businesses – featuring Kenny Gray from Dundee’s Make That A Take and self-releasing musician Emily Kelly from The Jellyman’s Daughter.
Following the panel, the teams from Creative Dundee and Le Freak Records will DJ playing their favourite records and the audience are invited to hang out and socialise.
7pm - doors open
7.30 - welcome
7.40-8.30 - Martin Atkins talk
8.30-8.45 - interval
8.45-9.30 - panel / Q&A
9.30-late - DJ sets & socialising
TRAVEL: Clarks is a 10 minute walk from both the bus & train station.
Bus: there are regular bus services from Edinburgh (x54 stagecoach), Perth (x7) & Aberdeen (x7) - more info & times at www.stagecoachbus.com
- Bus from Edinburgh leaving at 15.51 gets in at 18.30 (x54 Stagecoach)
- Bus from Perth leaving at 17.20 gets in at 18.12 (x7 Stagecoach)
- We recommend taking the train home as there are no buses to these cities after 8.30pm
Train: Scotrail runs services from Edinburgh, Glasgow, Dundee, Inverness, Perth & Aberdeen - times can be found at www.scotrail.co.uk
- Train from Edinburgh to Dundee at 17.36 gets in at 18.47
- Train from Glasgow to Dundee at 16.41 gets in at 18.06
- Train from Aberdeen to Dundee at 17.36 gets in at 18.53
- Last train to Edinburgh from Dundee departs at 22:48
- Last train to Glasgow departs at 21:56
- Last train to Aberdeen is at 23:03
Car: there is on-street parking outside the venue.
Taxi: There are a range of taxi services throughout the city. They can be booked via apps, calls or on the spot at taxi ranks.